Denomination: Non-Denominational / Missional
Location: Tinton Falls, NJ
Reports to: Lead Pastor
About the Family Pastor role:
The Family Pastor at Park Church will be the passionate heart, strategic mind, and driving force behind the discipleship of Park Church’s children, youth and families. In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, staff, coordinators, and other key volunteers, the person in this role will be responsible for developing, implementing, leading, and refining a comprehensive discipleship strategy for Park families with kids from birth through college. The family pastor will be driven by questions like these: How can parents be best equipped to foster a discipleship culture in their homes? How can we empower families to live on mission? How can we create safe, fun, and formative environments where young children, middle schoolers, high schoolers, and college students come to know, trust, and follow Jesus?
Meet Park Church: At Park Church, we follow Jesus.
During the winter of 2002, a small number of Christians in Red Bank, NJ began to dream together about how they could share the love and good news of Jesus with high school kids who did not yet know him. This turned into a multi-generational Christian community called Outreach Red Bank (ORB). In 2014, under the power of God’s Spirit, ORB transformed into Park Church as it found a new home at 31 Park Road in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Today, as a growing community of Jesus-followers comprised largely of young families, Park Church is looking ahead to an exciting future. Having recently been joined by a small, faithful, local church who has generously donated their property/building, Park is excitedly discerning how God might be inviting them to uniquely and faithfully bear witness to Jesus in Monmouth County.
We are looking for someone who will:
- (40%) Provide pastoral, strategic, and organizational leadership, coordination, training and support to the Park Kids program, coordinators, and volunteers.
- (30%) Provide pastoral, strategic and organizational leadership, training and support to the Middle School Group (MSG), High School Group (HSG), and College Group programs, coordinators, and volunteers.
- (5%) Review and evaluate the accessibility and effectiveness of Park Kids curriculum.
- (5%) Lead and coordinate at least two Park Kids special events per year.
- (5%) Represent the church by preparing for, and serving on, appropriate teams and “all-hands-on-deck” events.
- (5%) Facilitate the meaningful integration of kids, youth, and families into other spheres of life and ministry in Park Church (Sunday morning worship, service opportunities, Community Groups, etc.).
- (5%) Develop annual ministry objectives and goals in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and consistent with the mission and vision of Park Church.
- (2.5%) Serve on a leadership team to help create and lead an adoption/foster support ministry.
- (2.5%) Be willing and able to teach/preach.
Key Result Areas:
- Two months (learn) àBecome familiar with key programs (Park Kids, MSG, HSG, College), leaders (paid/unpaid coordinators and other volunteers), and general church culture, operations, and leadership.
- Six months (assess) àProvide the lead pastor with a written, comprehensive evaluation of the discipleship of families and their kids (birth-college) at Park Church.
- Twelve months (create and implement) àProvide the lead pastor with a written, comprehensive strategy for discipleship of Park’s families (with support from and collaboration with the lead pastor and other key leaders).
Areas of proficiency and confidence:
- Recruiting, training, and equipping volunteer leaders
- Teaching children and students
- Equipping and mentoring parents
- Caring for parents, teens, and/or children in crisis situations
- Developmental stages of children and teens
- Collaborating with a team
- Strategic planning
- Creating safe, fun, and formative environments for children and students
- Budget, facility and time management and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Verbal communication
Seminary Education (preferably MDiv)
3 years in a full-time pastoral work in children and/or youth ministry.
At least 5 years of total ministry experience.
- A commitment to lead from a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus and a place of health in marriage/family or singleness
- A deep sense of calling to pastoral ministry
- A trusted, pastoral resource for parents and an inspiration for children and youth
- Credibility with parents and knowledgeable about the challenges they face
- Spiritually and theologically mature, a partner in visioning with the Lead Pastor
- Faithful, funny, inspirational, good listener, counselor, approachable to children of all ages
- Able to establish, measure and iterate on process and procedures
- Excel at leading and developing leaders
- The ability to relate to others with emotional intelligence
- Full Time with health insurance.
- Relocation Assistance: Yes
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The ability to pass a background check is required.
Living in Monmouth County
Tinton Falls is nestled within beautiful Monmouth County, New Jersey. About an hour from New York City, 75 minutes from Philadelphia, 15 minutes to amazing beaches, and filled with excellent schools and great restaurants, it’s an area that people are hesitant to ever move away from. It’s one of the things people notice when they move here: people tend to stick around. We have beautiful county parks, plenty of shopping options, great activities for kids and families (with Six Flags Great Adventure about 30 minutes away!), farms and markets, as well as great cultural life in towns like Red Bank, Asbury Park, and Long Branch.
Most importantly, Monmouth County is full of people who are loved by God and need the hope and grace of Jesus.