Outdoor Sunday Gatherings!
Outdoor Sunday Gatherings have been going great – and they’ll continue until it gets too cold!
It’s BYOS: bring your own seat (chair, blanket, etc.)!
We are super excited and at the same time realize that things are still very different. Here are the details, so please read carefully:
Will there be kids programming?
No, kids’ programming will not be provided. Children are always welcome, but we also understand that not providing childcare makes this a more challenging environment for young families. We do have activity bags for the kids though!
Will those awesome Park @ Home videos still be available?
Yes! Absolutely nothing about our weekly Park @ Home worship videos will change. We recognize that there are several reasons why people may not come to an in-person gathering, ranging from health concerns to a lack of childcare, etc. And that’s okay! We want as many people as possible to feel welcome. We also don’t want anyone to feel pressure or an obligation to attend. So for those who don’t attend, we will still be providing excellent Park @ Home videos.
Where will we sit?
This is a bring-your-own-seat (BYOS) event. We will be using a nice spot under the trees behind the back parking lot.
What safety measures will be in place?
At Park, we take health and safety very seriously. So we kindly ask that you note these guidelines and restrictions for our outdoor worship gatherings:
- We ask that everyone wear a mask indoor AND outdoor – except when seated/in-place for worship.
- We ask that all children entering kindergarten and older wear a mask – except when seated with family for worship.
- We ask that anyone who has knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past two weeks stay home and enjoy our Park @ Home video worship experience.
- We ask that everyone practice social distancing (6 feet).
- For song lyrics, contactless programs are available – as well as a digital program (to access, scan the displayed QR codes on Sunday or get the program at parkchurchnj.com/program)
- There will not be kids programming.
- This is a BYOS (Bring Your Own Seat) event, so please practice social distancing as you find your spot in the grass.
- Building use is permitted for bathroom use only.
- We will NOT be serving bagels, coffee, water, etc.
- We will be celebrating communion once a month, using individual serving communion choices. Details will come that morning.
Will there be bathroom availability?
What if the weather is bad?
If the weather is bad, we will cancel. Please be checking social media / your email the morning of. The decision to cancel or not will be made each morning by 8:00 AM. So be checking your email.
For those who make it, we can’t wait to see you all! For those who tune in online, we can’t wait to see you in the near future too!