Lead Pastor, Park Church
About Park Church:
Park Church is a non-denominational, Christian church based in Monmouth County, NJ. Our vision is to see a growing community of Christ followers, working together to make Jesus known, inviting and inspiring others to follow him.
Park Church’s lead pastor works together with Park Church’s board of elders to set the vision for the church. The lead pastor directs the church’s staff, volunteer leaders and full community to fulfill that vision through Park Church’s ministries. The lead pastor will serve as the lead preacher and teacher for the community – preaching thoughtful, engaging and relevant sermons. The following lists describe the responsibilities of the lead pastor in further detail and provide some of the qualifications for application to the position.
- Work with the board of elders to discern and set the vision for Park Church; communicate Park Church’s vision
- Lead and oversee Park Church’s staff, volunteer leaders and ministries to fulfill Park Church’s vision
- Actively engage with and lead the Park Church community
- Work with the board of elders to allocate Park Church’s budget, discern the optimal staff structure/positions and hire staff members
- Work with the staff to discern the optimal organizational structure for Park Church’s ministries; engage and recruit volunteer leaders for ministries
- Preach thoughtful, engaging and relevant sermons 35-40 times per year
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead pastor OR as an associate pastor within a large church community (500+ members)
- Master of Divinity degree
- Theological formation consistent with Park Church’s. Park Church is a non-denominational Church with a missional foundation. See parkchurchnj.com for more information; additional information will be provided during the interview process.
- Click on this link and follow the instructions given.